DAY 6: Loving-Kindness The purpose of Loving-Kindness meditation is to bring warmth and goodwill into your life. It uses goodwill towards yourself with loving phrases to show yourself compassion. Our word for the day is COMPASSION
Today’s writing prompt is, Write a letter of self-compassion.
1. Imagine the letter is coming from your future self, five years in the future. Your future self is looking back with wisdom and love and offering your present self-compassion and guidance. (i.e. I'm so grateful that you are having this challenging experience because you've learned so much from it about self-compassion, perseverance and taking risks)
2. Talk in the second person (i.e. Dear Lisa...)
3. Describe to yourself the feelings you’re experiencing (i.e. I can tell you are being hard on yourself; I can see that you’re frustrated about feeling stuck)
4. Insert a message of common humanity which helps connect you to all others. (i.e. Lisa, you are only human and it's completely normal to feel this way and to have these experiences)
5. Offer yourself guidance and self-kindness, the same way you would give encouragement to a friend in need. (i.e. I'm so proud of you for your commitment and bravery in the face of uncertainty)
6. Sign the letter with love, decorate it with stickers or drawings if you feel inspired to do so. Keep the letter somewhere you will see it and read it often, particularly during challenging times
It’s Day 6 of the 21 Day Mindfulness Meditation Challenge. Set your timer for 7 minutes and BEGIN with your meditation session, focus on your breath and your intention for the day. To begin, take 5 deep cleansing breaths and then just BREATHE in a natural rhythm. Today take your moments to focus on your COMPASSION in the day and manifesting that in your moments. You can also simply sit for 7 minutes in silence or if you need assistance, click on the link for a short meditation session from our podcast.
See if you can take this personal compassion into your day. When your 7 minutes are up, thank yourself with the following affirmation, "I am safe, I am peaceful, I am kind to myself and others. I accept myself as I am.” Namaste! You have completed Day 6 in your journey. Make it a beautiful day! #beopen #bepresent #bemindful #mindfullyyoursmeditations #mym